We are here to support and empower you in conversations about
relationships, sex, and your personal well-being, and to provide
valuable insight on a few things that are worth knowing.
We update often, so come back soon!
Brought to you by OraQuick, the first in-home oral HIV test.
Circle of Sisters Panel Part 1: Dating
Hear panel experts Demetria L. Lucas, Jacque Reed, Dr. Rachel Ross and Rob Hill Sr. discuss finding compatibility in a partner.
Demetria L. Lucas
Dr. Rachael Ross
What's coming between you and knowing your HIV status?
There are tons of reasons why your HIV status is not top-of-mind. Select the reason that applies to you.
- I don't think I'm at risk.
- I'm afraid to know my status.
- I was going to make an appointment but haven't yet.
- I know my status. I get tested regularly.
I know my status. I get tested regularly.
Smart move. But if you have unprotected sex more frequently then you go to the doctor, you should test more regularly. So even if your annual check-up includes an HIV test, OraQuick gives you the confidence of knowing between doctor visits. OraQuick makes it convenient and easy to get the 411 on your status, using the same test healthcare professionals have used for years.
I don't think I'm at risk.
The fact of the matter is that African American women account for 64% of new HIV infections, even though they make up only 13% of the female population1. If you are having sex and not considering the risks, you're at risk. Testing is the only way to know your HIV status. And now you can test at home with OraQuick, the same test healthcare professionals have used for years.
I was going to make an appointment but haven't yet.
Now with OraQuick, the first FDA-approved in-home HIV test, you can test at your convenience in the privacy of your own home. Simply buy OraQuick at your local retailer or even order online and have it discreetly shipped to your home. It's the same test healthcare professionals have used for over a decade. Plus, we have trained representatives available 24/7, to give you the confidential support you need.
I'm afraid to know my status.
There are some things in life that are truly worth knowing. While an HIV diagnosis is a serious, life-changing event, it's also important to remember that HIV is manageable with early diagnosis. Knowing your status and where you stand is vital to you, your health, and those around you. Many people with HIV lead happy, long and productive lives. The earlier you seek treatment, the better the outcome.
How OraQuick Works
The first in-home oral HIV test.
- Safe & Effective: FDA approved
- Fast: Results in 20 minutes
- Oral: A quick oral swab, no blood required
- Trusted: The same test healthcare professionals use
- Confidential: 24/7 call-center supported
Warnings & Precautions:
- A positive result with this test does not mean that you are definitely infected with HIV, but rather that additional testing should be done in a medical setting.
- A negative result with this test does not mean that you are definitely not infected with HIV, particularly when exposure may have been within the previous 3 months.
- If your test is negative and you engage in activities that put you at risk for HIV on a regular basis, you should test regularly.
- This product should not be used to make decisions on behavior that may put you at increased risk for HIV.
© OraSure Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.